Advanced Mortgage Services Ltd is an appointed representative of The On-Line Partnership Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Advanced Mortgage Services is registered in England. Company registration number 4751565.

Cherry Tree House, 20 Inverleigh Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH6 5HA.

Advanced Mortgage Services Ltd website is only for the use by UK residents & is subject to the UK regulatory regime.

David Hindmarch

Mortgage & Insurance consultant

Home AMS Mortgages Equity Release Insurance Estate Planning Business Services About Me Contact Me

FCA Consumer

Useful Links

The Money Advice Service

Privacy Statement

Client Agreement

Just Call   01202 422141

Free phone 0800 0029077

Or Request a call back

Landlord Insurance

Insurance Home Page

Life Insurance

Critical Illness Insurance

Family Income benefit

Income Protection

Accident/Sickness & Unemployment Insurance

Business Insurance

Private Medical Insurance

House Insurance

WHEN it comes to choosing landlord insurance, there are a wide range of policies available to landlords. From basic building and contents insurance that will pay out, for example, if a tenant leaves the chip fryer on and burns down the kitchen; to policies with optional extras such as liability cover in case a tenant injures themselves as a result of your negligence.

Before choosing a landlord insurance policy, consider the type of tenant you have, as this can affect the price of premiums. Professionals and families are a good bet, while asylum-seekers and multiple occupancies can cost significantly more.

Basic landlord's insurance covers buildings and contents. As a general rule of the thumb it is comparable in price to regular buildings and contents insurance, with a higher excess. Basic policies protect your investment against damage and theft, similar to regular insurance.

In addition to basic landlord insurance there are several optional extras you can include. Such as liability cover that protects you if a tenants suffers as a result of your negligence. You can also take out emergency assistance to cover the immediate cost of repair if your tenant is robbed or suffers a faulty boiler leaking gas. Some insurers even have a 24 hour hotline that will handle the emergency on your behalf.

You might also consider taking out “protection of your rental income”. In the unfortunate event of a fire that leads to you tenants moving out for several months, the policy will not only cover the cost of repairs but also the rent you’ve missed out on.

It is also possible to get “rent guarantee cover” in case tenants refuse to pay. Another option is to take out “legal cover”, which covers the costs of taking your tenants to court to evict them or recover rent. It is worth bearing in mind, however, that in some cases the tenant simply can’t afford to pay you, so it is not always possible to get your rent.

We offer competitive and comprehensive insurance for both buy 2 Let and commercial properties. The insurers we have selected are able to provide cover for occupied or unoccupied properties and for various types of tenants, be they students, professionals or DSS. A wide range of cover options is available at competitive premiums for buildings and contents.

If you would like to know more information regarding Landlord Insurance and to provide you with a personalised quotation Please Contact Me.

Landlord Insurance Advice Adviser Broker in Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole, Highcliffe, New Milton, Lymington, Ringwood, Ferndown, Dorset and Hampshire.